A tidy office clean has been found to increase productivity, lower absenteeism and improve the business image, but keeping on top of day-to-day chores can be an arduous task in a demanding economy.
Hiring a cleaning contractor is the best way to ensure that the office clean is kept in great shape throughout the year, requiring a minimum amount of effort from the employees themselves. But for those businesses wanting to promote cleanliness as a part of office clean routine, or even if you simply want to a do a one-off Spring tidy, here’s a few tips on how to make the workplace look altogether more presentable.
Organisation is key to a office clean, and filling systems and storage solutions should be applied wherever possible. In a digital age, many documents can be saved electronically, but for those that require printed copies – such as receipts or important documents – having an organisational system in place will significantly reduce clutter.
It is important that each employee looks after their personal space, which means regularly wiping down surfaces and storing items in an organised manner. To assist with this, keep spray bottles of wood and glass cleaner in the office to wipe down dirty and smudge-covered desks and tables.
Finally, keep the common areas tidy and presentable to impress clients and staff. Office clean plants are a great way of injecting a little life into the workplace, although they can have the opposite effect if they’re not looked after properly. Ensure you water them on a regular basis and clean up any dead leaves. An artificial plant is ideal for people who are looking for something that is maintenance free.
End Of Tenancy Cleaning Tips
Some of you may want to do your own cleaning when you move out. This is not something we recommend as carrying out your own end of tenancy cleaning may not be as thorough and your landlord may still require professional cleaning to be carried out.
For those who want to do there own end of tenancy cleaning, we thought we would put together some tips to help get the job done as well as we would… well almost ?
Our Top 20 End Of Tenancy Cleaning Tips
- Do your end of tenancy cleaning after you’ve moved out, so you don’t have to work around your belongings. Consider using natural products (such as vinegar) as they don’t leave behind unpleasant chemical odours.
- Work from the top down. Start by de-cobwebbing the ceiling and upper corners in all rooms. Dust the blades of overhead fans.
- Dust or vacuum window coverings (draperies, blinds, curtains). Consider laundering curtains and having drapes professionally cleaned.
- Thoroughly clean and degrease kitchen appliances: oven, stovetop (including stove hood), refrigerator (including freezer), microwave and dishwasher.
- Wipe down all kitchen countertops, back splashes, cupboard doors, etc.
- Check kitchen walls for grease splatters and other food stains.
- Empty all kitchen cupboards and drawers. Give them a quick wipe with a sponge.
- Scour all bathrooms: tubs, showers, sinks and toilets. Don’t neglect the tiles and fixtures.
- Wipe down bathroom countertops and cupboard doors, as well as inside cupboards and drawers.
- Empty all bedroom closets and other closets. For a furnished place, check inside drawers and under bedroom furniture, and remove any debris. Wipe shelves, drawers and furniture surfaces.
- Do the same in other areas: dining room, living room, home office, etc. Empty drawers and closets; wipe shelves, drawers and furniture surfaces.
- Vacuum thoroughly. For best cleaning results, consider renting a steam cleaner or having carpets professionally cleaned.
- Mop until a damp towel wiped on the floor comes up clean.
- By now you should be in slippers or socks to avoid re-soiling floors. After dumping mop water in the toilet, flush an extra time to eliminate dirty water.
- Wipe all baseboards.
- For the final part of your cleaning, wipe all doors, doorframes, doorknobs, drawer pulls, closet handles, etc.
- Clean mirrors, windows and other shiny surfaces. Make sure there are no streaks.
- Do a final inspection. Use your nose and eyes: sniff the air for unpleasant odors, and look under and behind things. As you walk through each room, leave open all room doors, cupboards and closets.
- Discard rubbish or debris. Make sure you’re not leaving behind anything, because you might be charged for its disposal.
- Smile as you think about getting back your deposit!
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s a window cleaners! Grime fighters dress up as superheroes to cheer up patients at a children’s hospital
Hospitalised children were left stunned as four of the world’s most famous superheroes appeared at their 12th floor window.
Spiderman, Batman, Captain America and Superman’s mission for the day was to cheer up the patients at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh as they did their window cleaning rounds.
The group of window washers said they wanted to put smiles on the faces of the children battling illnesses at the hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This was our first cleaning video we made in cambridge on youtube never made it to the site so here it is.